Archipel | Riccardo's take on Conchiglioni Ripieni (4-6p)
This Bundle contains :
• 1 x Monograno Felicetti | Conchiglioni Matt Wheat 500g
• 1 x Barlotti | Mozzarella di Bufala DOP 250g *
• 1 x Salemipina | Passata di Pomodoro 420g *
• 1 x Barlotti | Ricotta di Bufala 250g *
• 1 x I Contadini | Cherry Tomato Confit 230g
• 1 x Agrestis | Brine Black Olives 300g
• 1 x Azienda Agricola Bonat | Parmigiano Reggiano DOP Mezzano
* Double these items in your cart for a 8-12 serves recipe.
Serves: 3-4 persons
- 180g-200g Conchiglioni Matt
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 bottle of 470ml passata di pomodoro
- 1-2 branches and leaves of basil
- Olive oil
- 250g of fresh mozzarella, diced
- 8-12 olives, pitted and halved
- 110g semi-dried cherry tomatoes/pomodorini confit, halved
- 120g Parmigiano, grated
- 250g buffala ricotta
1. Bring salted water to a boil.
2. Add the Conchiglioni and cook for 10 minutes until al dente. Stir at the beginning to avoid the pasta to stick to the pot.
3. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
4. Separate and leave the Conchiglioni to dry on a cloth.
1. Sauté the onion with the basil stem in olive oil at low heat until soft and starting to caramelize.
2. Add the passata di pomodoro, stir, and rinse the bottle with a little water, adding it to the sauce.
3. Add the basil leafs and a pinch of salt.
4. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes low heat, stirring regularly, until the sauce becomes sweeter and darker.
The Filling (time to pre-heat the oven at 190°C on static mode)
1. While the sauce is cooking, cut the mozzarella and leave to dry in a strainer. You can place it above a bowl to save the precious milk.
2. Rince and unpit the olives and cut the cherry tomatoes.
3. Grate the parmigiano.
4. In a bowl, mix the ricotta with your hands until creamy, add salt, and combine with the tomatoes, olives, half the mozzarella, and half the parmigiano.
5. When the tomato sauce is ready, add 2-3 spoons to the filling and mix.
1. In a baking dish, add a thin layer of sauce.
2. Fill the conchiglioni with the ricotta mixture and place in the dish.
3. Top with the remaining sauce (take the basil stem off), mozzarella, parmigiano, and a drizzle of olive oil.
4. Bake for about 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden.
Allow to cool for 12 minutes before serving.
For a Wow effect, lay one, two or three spoons of sauce on a plate in separate circles, and place delicately as many filled Conchiglioni on it. Add the tiniest basil leafs on top.